Southampton ELC

High-quality intensive English courses for intermediate/advanced students

 

Our courses

Southampton English Language Centre specialises in short, intensive courses for those in the intermediate to advanced ability range. The School is not open all year round, but operates in two seasons: spring and summer. Most courses last three weeks; occasionally we also offer one of two weeks. Courses offer 20 hours of tuition per week.

At the beginning of every course there is a placement test, after which students are put into groups according to their level.

The summer courses have unfortunately had to be cancelled.

Course A: Language and Life March 26 - April 15 £1040
Course Q: Language and Life August 6 - August 26 Cancelled
Course R: Language and Life August 27 - September 16 Cancelled

The above prices include accommodation (half board) and six coach excursions.

Courses start at 9.00 a.m. on Monday and end on Friday at 12.00 noon.

Click here for the application form which must be printed out and sent to us by NORMAL post or email.

Approximately 60% of each course consists of obligatory subjects and the remaining 40% consists of optional topics. The main subjects covered are as follows:

Obligatory subjects
  • Grammar
  • Idioms
  • Vocabulary building
Optional subjects
  • Conversation
  • Pronunciation
  • Essential formulae
  • Comprehension
  • British Life
  • Short stories
  • Poetry
  • Literature
  • Literary criticism
  • Language games
  • Letter writing
  • The English Novel
  • German into English translation
 

© Copyright Southampton ELC. All rights reserved.

Write to: Southampton English Language c/o Nick Pritchard, 41 Highfield Crescent, Southampton SO17 1SG

Tel: 02380 - 581019    Email: nickypritc@aol.com